Thursday, April 28, 2022

Myrna Foster

IMPERFECT II poet Myrna Foster has several things she tries when she needs to regain her perspective:
When I'm feeling stressed out, there are three things that really help. Maybe one of them will work for you. First, I have a journal where I quickly write out how I'm feeling and why. I don't censor myself at all. I just empty my brain for 1-3 pages. Second, going for a walk or a run usually helps. Third, I set a timer for 5-10 minutes. Then I take a deep breath for the count of four, hold my breath for the count of four, breathe out for the count of four, hold my breath for the count of four, and repeat this until my timer goes off.
Myrna Foster is the education director for Storyteller Academy. She has dedicated years to teaching and coaching children, including five years as a preschool teacher. She's also worked as a journalist and been published many times in Highlights High Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!