Tuesday, February 7, 2023

an impromptu nest

A poem by IMPERFECT II poet Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer today:

I Might Have Resisted It
by Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer

Breaking open with loss
and beauty at the same time,
I almost ran from the warm theater,
threading through happy chatter
to stand alone in the cold night air,
thinking I could cry unnoticed in the dark.
But then one, then two friends
found me and took turns pulling me
into their softness, wrapping me
in such tenderness, weaving
low and soothing sounds around us
until out of love and touch and voice
they made of the moment a nest.
So gently they held my fragility
at the edge of festive shouts
and back slaps and joyous banter.
The night itself laced through
our small circle like a black silk ribbon,
tying us together,
It was only a few moments.
it was forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!