Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Sydney Dunlap

How IMPERFECT II poet Sydney Dunlap gets her perspective back:
Life can seem overwhelming at times, even down to the little details. Sometimes it's hard to shut off my worries and know where to begin, especially when so many things tug at my time and attention. Something that helps me a lot is going outside and taking a walk or a jog and looking at the beautiful sky -- whether it's blue with puffy white clouds; or drizzly and dreary, but still so vast; or dark and deep and scattered with stars. I remember how much bigger the Universe is than my little world. As I listen to the birds sing and watch the squirrels scamper, whatever I was worried about no longer seems quite as important.
Sydney Dunlap is a former elementary school teacher who has worked with at-risk youth in a variety of settings, and she enjoys reading and writing heartfelt, hopeful fiction that expands young readers’ awareness of tough topics. A lifelong animal lover, Sydney lives with her family in a home where the dogs and cats outnumber the people. Her middle grade novel, It Happened on Saturday, is set to release in February 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!