Sunday, July 31, 2022

Perspective in a Gratitude Suitcase

Kim Haynes Johnson is interactively reading Dictionary for a Better World by my friends Irene Latham and Charles Waters, and illustrated by Mehrdokht Amini. (Irene is an IMPERFECT poet.)

Kim Haynes Johnson writes:
As I prepare to begin a word journey through Dictionary for a Better World: Poems, Quotes, and Anecdotes from A to Z by Irene Latham and Charles Waters, illustrated by Mehrdokht Amini tomorrow, I’m packing my suitcase of all the things I’ll need along the way, including a list of the things for which I am grateful. The Gratitude List on p. 117 of the book inspires me to remember to have a thankful heart always, but particularly as I journey through these months ahead. A common saying is “a lot of what you see depends on what you’re looking for,” and I agree.
The first thing that Kim says she will pack in her Gratitude Suitcase is:
“A kaleidoscope, to remind me that every twist of perspective is beautiful. As Rainer Maria Rilke said in Letters to a Young Poet, There is not more beauty here than elsewhere…..but there is much beauty here, because there is much beauty everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!