Saturday, May 21, 2022

Michelle Kogan

IMPERFECT II poet Michelle Kogan shares her perspective helpers with us:
Meditation with a mantra, even for short periods of 10 minutes in the morning helps me stay focused and calm throughout the day. I learned Transcendental mediation when I was sixteen and have continued meditating throughout most of my life.

Deep breathing, breathing in through your nose, holding for about to six counts and exhaling with an ocean breath out through your mouth, again with count to six. I’ll often do some deep breathing while meditating.

When in a stressful situation I’ll begin meditating and or deep breathing to help.
Michelle Kogan, a poet, writer, artist, and instructor, grows her writing and art from her love and interrelationship with nature and humanity. She was a semi- finalist for Poet’s Billow 2021 Bermuda Triangle Prize, included in Silver Birch Press’ Prime Mover series; and these poetry anthologies: 10 •10 POETRY ANTHOLOGY Celebrating 10 in 10 Different Ways, Imperfect: poems about mistakes: an anthology for middle schoolers, and The Best of Today’s Little Ditty volume I – III. Her artworks are in museum and university collections; catalogues, and publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!