Thursday, April 14, 2022

Alana DeVito

Perspective-Helpers for IMPERFECT II poet Alana DeVito:
When I'm trying to regain perspective, I try to pause, breathe, and slow down... think about why I'm feeling a certain way, and see if there's anything I can do about it. It helps me to have quiet time -- a walk in the woods, a shower, a prayer; making time to write through my feelings, or make some art. It also helps to talk to the special people in my life, especially my husband, who knows me so well and can help me regain perspective. Finally, practicing gratitude. Thinking of all the things -- big and little -- that I am grateful for helps to really put things back into perspective for me.
Alana DeVito is an active member of SCBWI. She's an aspiring picture book writer, a parent, an elementary art teacher, and a member of her school’s SEL committee. She loves hiking and hanging out with her boys and dog. She's drawn to reading and writing stories for children, especially relating to creativity and social-emotional wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!